Sunday, September 7, 2014

Teaching Attire Basics: Midi-Dress


 The midi-dress ...  Where to start... I spent many years at university in mini skirts and mini dresses and towering heels- who wore midi dresses, I asked myself.. Why would someone wear a midi-dress when they could just wear a normal length dress?!

How naive I was. Firstly, the midi-dress looks far more sophisticated than its material-malnourished counterparts. You can stick it on, and even if you're feeling/looking tired, your is a frizzy state (as mine so often is) or you just don't feel very 'teachery'- it helps get into the teacher mindset.

Secondly, mishaps are easily avoided- no awkward getting into cars or strategically crossing your legs so your knickers don't show (or is it only me that struggles with this?). The dress is simply too long for any of these attire-based accidents to happen! This leads on nicely to my third reason to embrace the midi-dress.. It's actually a lot more comfortable! Yes, there is more material, and yes, this can be constricting, but after years of adjusting my skirt worrying whether it was riding up or caught in my knickers (only happened a few times)- walking around wearing something that reaches my knees puts my mind completely at ease.. it's safe and risk-free, and allows you to focus on the task at hand rather than fretting and adjusting constantly! (Pair with blazer = pinnacle of academic sophistication)











No comments:

Post a Comment