Sunday, September 7, 2014

Is It Impossible?

Having just started my first placement at an English state school- I was instantly bombarded with regulations. Skirts down to your knees, shoulders covered at all times, NO cardigans.

While these might seem fairly straight-forward, I was a girl who had grown up in jeans, hoodies and converse all stars. The transformation into a sophisticated teacher who could wear a suit or midi dress for a whole day and 5 inch heels and still look effortlessly chic was a long way off.

Having struggled to find clothes that fit into the rules of the school I've been teaching at, and looking around online to little avail for a blog or resource that would help me decrypt the rules of fashion in the teaching world, I realised I should just start my own, and that, hopefully there were enough teachers out there that could use my help to make it worthwhile.

Dressing appropriately for teaching is fairly simple- what is difficult is maintaining a sense of yourself while doing it. I can wear a black midi skirt and white collared shirt to school every day, but my god that is depressingly boring. I love fashion, I love teaching, is there someway these worlds can become one?!?

All I can do is try!

No comments:

Post a Comment